You may already know what I am a big fan of a clear complexion. At Sky Lounge Skin Care it is my ultimate goal to help every woman that enters my establishment to leave feeling beautiful and confident. I accomplish this by performing facials and chemical peels and through skin care analysis to help my guest choose products wisely. Being able to leave the house CONFIDENTLY without make-up does wonders for your self esteem and self image. It is an amazing feeling to get complements on your skin on a regular basis and that is why daily care products are important. What’s even more important is using the correct formulas for your skin type and current skin conditions.
Incorrect product selection is a major culprit in unhealthy skin. Consumers are bombarded in stores like Sephora, Ulta and Target with a wide variety of creams and potions making claims to make your skin more beautiful. The reality is with “store brought products” is they don’t contain a large amount of active ingredients. Because hey are massed produced and no real guidance is offered with these product purchase, they cannot add ingredients in quantities large enough to make a substantial difference in your skin. People go into these stores, read product labels, diagnose their skin conditions and spend lots of money and receive little results. Before you invest in products you will want to visit an esthetician to have a skin analysis done. Here at Sky Lounge Skin Care I like to discuss my clients skin care goals and expectations and from there it is my job and duty to offer my expert opinion and treatment recommendations to achieve maximum results. If you aren’t local to the Pikesville area I would be more than happy to do a Skype session with you. Please send all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your skin is constantly changing with the weather or hormones or other environmental factors such as exposure sun exposure and pollution. I have combination skin with occasion cyclical breakouts. In winter months, my skin is more dry and of course more oily in the summer. I also have dark spots (hyperpigmentation) from previous acne breakouts. These different skin conditions each require different attention. When seeking healthy skin you should always remember to : Cleanse, Correct, Hydrate and Protect.
My daily care regimen is as follows:
- PCA Skin Face Wash (if I have makeup remnants)
- PCA Skin Pigment Bar or Blemish Control Bar ( I use the blemish control bar one week before my cycle to help manage sebum production, which will help reduce pimples when my cycle arrives)
- PCA Skin Revitalizing Eye Gel – I don’t get nearly as much sleep as I am supposed to. I guess I can blame it in entrepreneur life. Using my ring fingers, I take one dot of gel and massage it into my orbital bone area for about 30 seconds.
The next 2 products I mix together or cocktail to make application easier. One pump is each is sufficient
- PCA Skin C&E serum – this product has 20% vitamin C and 5% vitamin E which are great antioxidants that help to smooth fine lines and wrinkles and also brighten the skin.
- PCA Skin A/C Synergy Serum – I apply two pumps of this all over my face to help control oil production and and minimize the appearance of pores.
- PCA Skin Pigment Gel – this product is for SPOT TREATMENT only. I apply a thin layer on dark spots and massage into the skin.
- PCA Skin Rebalance Moisturizer – a great non-comedongenic moisturizer that is light weight and controls oil production
- PCA Skin Weightless Protection SPF 45 Sunblock– sunscreen is imperative to great skin care especially when you are battling with pigmentation and aging issues.
After removing my makeup I start the process all over again, this time only doing : Cleanse, Correct, and Hydrate.
- PCA Skin Pigment Bar
- PCA Skin Intensive Clarity Treatment: 0.5% Retinol serum – this product is my all time favorite. It is light weight and packed with amazing ingredients such as vitamin A and grape seed extract.
- PCA Skin Rebalance moisturizer and Silk Coat Balm (I only use the silk cost balm in the winter as I tend to be a little drier. Because this product is formulated for dry skin I only use a small amount mixed with my moisturizer before bed)
This may seem like a lot to go through but it is worth it. Instead of spending 30 minutes to an hour applying makeup before I leave home in the morning , I can cook my son a healthy breakfast instead. When the summer sun is pounding down on me I don’t have to worry about my makeup possibly sliding off of my face. Even if you must wear makeup daily, the best canvas to start with is a clear complexion. Bottom line is you can’t get achieve great skin with out great products and a customized plan to reach your goals.
All of the products mentioned above are available at Sky Lounge Skin Care and available for online, click here. It would be my pleasure to assist you in accomplishing your #ClearComplexion goals. To schedule your skin consultation click here